Kooshion FAQs & Info
THE KOOSHY KIDS KOOSHION
- INFLATABLE PLANE CUSHION-
The Kooshy Kids Kooshion can be used to create a flat, flexible space for you and your children to enjoy as a bed or flat space to stretch out and relax on the aeroplane, car, bus or train. It is placed on the floor between your child's seat and the seat in-front and then inflated to the desired height.
Tried and tested, this product is simple to use and is now in stock with next day shipping available.
The Kooshy Kids Kooshion comes with a free waterproof drawstring backpack with three colours to choose from.
Fully inflated, the Kooshy Kids Kooshion measures: 60cm x 38cm x 44cm and weighs 770 grams.
Note: For airline measurements, only width and height are considered (total is 94cm).
- The waterproof drawstring backpack that comes with the Kooshion measures 30cm x 40cm.
- The hand pump measures 30cm x 10cm x 10cm and weighs 230 grams.
- The battery operated air pump weighs 300 grams or 700 grams with batteries inserted. (NOTE: Batteries must be purchased separately).
WHO CAN USE THE KOOSHY KIDS KOOSHION?
For laying flat, it depends on the height of your child, however most children can lay flat using the product up to 6 years old.
Adults and taller children can use the product as a foot/leg rest and may also find sleeping easier with their legs supported. The Kooshion can be inflated so that only the bottom chamber is inflated (making the height 26cm instead of 44cm) ,or as a small footrest with only the top chamber inflated (making the height 18cm). Having your legs elevated during flights improves circulation and can also prevent DVT.
It is also useful for parents with children under 2 who do not have their own seat, as it creates a larger flat space. The Kooshion can be placed on the floor half way between the 2 seats with the arm rest lifted.
The maximum weight capacity per cushion is 110 kg. (Note, this is full weight on the cushion, not resting).
Children using the Kooshion should be supervised at all times.
HOW DO I USE IT?
Once in the air and the seatbelt sign is off, place the Kooshion on the floor and inflate to your desired height. Your child can now begin using it as a leg rest or a bed.
We recommend that seat belts are fastened at all times and that your child's feet are placed on the kooshion (rather than their head). You can ask for an extender/infant belt to assist with this and to avoid the seatbelt becoming a choking hazard.
IS THE KOOSHION FAA APPROVED?
In-flight comfort devices are not subject to a specific approval from the aviation authorities. They can be used according to individual airline policy and at the discretion of the crew.
WILL IT FIT ALL AIRCRAFT TYPES?
Yes! Provided the Kooshion is inflated when it is in position on the floor it will fill the space of all standard economy seats. It has been designed to fit and sit flush with all economy airlines and most standard, bus and train seats. Inflating whilst in position will assist it to fit in tighter spaces which is why we recommend using a pump.
You can adjust the level of inflation on the bottom layer to ensure the Kooshion is the same height as the seat.
DOES IT FIT IN THE BULKHEAD SEATS (ROWS WITH BASSINETS)?
YES! You simply turn it so that it goes longways and it fits the space well.
TIP: If you can secure bulkhead seats, Kooshions are really great for bigger children and adults!
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE SEAT IN FRONT RECLINES?
It will not effect the Kooshion. Seats recline from the top and because of the height of the Kooshion, it will not be effected. Your child's head will not be squashed either.
DO I NEED A PUMP?
It is possible to inflate by mouth, however we highly recommend using a hand pump or battery operated pump.
Firstly, inflation is much quicker.
Secondly, the Kooshion is best inflated whilst in position on the floor (good luck doing this by mouth!) It ensures that it is a tight fit.
Thirdly, if you inflate by mouth you may find it difficult to squeeze it into place. If it is in position when inflated, it will fit all economy seats (including bulkhead/bassinet seats).
HAND PUMP Vs BATTERY OPERATED AIR PUMP?
- Weighs 230 grams, making Kooshion + Pump 1kg
- Requires manual pumping and takes about 1-2 minutes
- Includes an accordion air hose with 3 interconnecting nozzles to fit small, medium and large diameter inflation valves
- Inflates with manual action similar to a bicycle pump
- Inflates on both the down stroke and the up stroke for no wasted effort and faster inflation.
- Weighs 700 grams (with batteries inserted, 300 grams without batteries), making total kit weight 1.5 kgs
- Super fast inflation - approx 30-40 seconds
- Requires 4 x D cell batteries (can be purchased by clicking here)
- Noisier than the hand pump (although the noise of the engine blocks out a lot of the pump noise...and it is only for 30 seconds)
- Great for multiple use....this pump is very handy to have around the house to inflate toys, pools, mattresses etc.
NOTE: In order for this air pump to be permitted onboard, the batteries must be placed inside the air pump prior to travel. We recommend you try out the air pump prior to your flight and practise inflation. Remember to use the outer valve to avoid the Kooshion deflating rapidly once pump is removed and do not over inflate. Cease pumping when the Kooshion becomes firm. We also recommend placing your batteries in the wrong way around when not in use to avoid the switch turning on unintentionally or keeping the tape over the on/off button.
WILL THE KOOSHION DEFLATE DURING THE FLIGHT?
You may find that the Kooshion deflates slightly mid-flight. If this occurs, simply add some extra air to keep it firm. This is normal and does not necessarily indicate a leak. We recommend checking your Kooshion once receiving it by leaving it inflated over a 24 hour period to ensure there are no leaks prior to travel (very rare, but possible).
WHAT MAKES THE KOOSHY KIDS KOOSHION STAND OUT FROM OTHER BRANDS?
- Made from superior quality PVC (the same grade as inflatable play centres) so that it is less likely to puncture than other fabrics such as nylon. It can also hold up to 110kgs.
- Taller than most other brands so that it has the ability to sit flush with all seats (with other brands you can see sometimes notice a dip where the seat and cushion should meet).
- Excellent quality seams that will only tear if over-inflated.
- Comes with a repair patch in case of an accidental puncture.
- Soft flocking material on the top of the Kooshion for additional comfort, making it extra "Kooshy".
- Every Kooshion comes with a FREE waterproof drawstring backpack with three colours to choose from.
- Three inflation options to choose from (mouth, hand pump and air pump).
- Kooshy Kids is 100% Australian owned...when you buy from us you are supporting local business.
- Excellent value for money, starting from $59.95 with multiple cost-effective postage options and no handling fees.