WHO CAN USE THE KOOSHY KIDS KOOSHION?
For laying flat, it depends on the height of your child, however most children can lay flat using the product up to 8 years old.
Adults and taller children can use the product as a foot/leg rest and may also find sleeping easier with their legs supported. The Kooshion can be inflated so that only the bottom chamber is inflated (making the height 26cm instead of 44cm) ,or as a small footrest with only the top chamber inflated (making the height 18cm). Having your legs elevated during flights improves circulation and can also prevent DVT.
It is also useful for parents with children under 2 who do not have their own seat, as it creates a larger flat space. The Kooshion can be placed on the floor half way between the 2 seats with the arm rest lifted.
The maximum weight capacity per cushion is 110 kg. (Note, this is full weight on the cushion, not resting).
Children using the Kooshion should be supervised at all times.
HOW DO I USE IT?
Once in the air and the seatbelt sign is off, place the Kooshion on the floor and inflate to your desired height using the black valve.
Your child can now begin using it as a leg rest or a bed.
We recommend that seat belts are fastened at all times and that your child's feet are placed on the kooshion (rather than their head). You can ask for an extender/infant belt to assist with this and to avoid the seatbelt becoming a choking hazard.
>> CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR SAFETY VIDEO
IS THE KOOSHION FAA/IATA/CASA APPROVED?
In-flight comfort devices are not subject to a specific approval from the aviation authorities. They can be used according to individual airline policy and at the discretion of the crew.
The Kooshy Kids Kooshion meets IATA and CASA statements/guidelines on safe use.
IS THE KOOSHION APPROVED BY MY AIRLINE?
Please click here for a full list of accepting airline (we now have approvals from over 60 airlines)!
WHY IS KOOSHY KIDS THE BEST PLANE CUSHION ON THE MARKET?
WILL IT FIT ALL AIRCRAFT TYPES?
Yes! Provided the Kooshion is inflated when it is in position on the floor it will fill the space of all standard economy seats as well as premium economy. It has been designed to fit and sit flush with plane seats and most standard, bus and train seats. Inflating whilst in position will assist it to fit in tighter spaces which is why we recommend using a pump.
You can adjust the level of inflation on the bottom layer to ensure the Kooshion is the same height as the seat.
DOES IT FIT IN THE BULKHEAD SEATS (ROWS WITH BASSINETS)?
YES! You simply turn it so that it goes longways and it fits the space well.
TIP: If you can secure bulkhead seats, Kooshions are really great for bigger children and adults!
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE SEAT IN FRONT RECLINES?
It will not affect the Kooshion. Seats recline from the top and because of the height of the Kooshion, it will not be effected. Your child's head will not be squashed either.
DO I NEED A PUMP?
It is possible to inflate by mouth, however we highly recommend using one of our pumps to assist you with the inflation process.
Firstly, inflation is much quicker.
Secondly, the Kooshion is best inflated whilst in position on the floor (good luck doing this by mouth!) It ensures that it is a snug fit.
Thirdly, if you inflate by mouth you may find it difficult to squeeze/wedge it into place. It poses the risk of not fitting, or being punctured/damaged from being forced into place.
If it is in position when inflated, it will fit ALL economy seats (including bulkhead/bassinet seats). You can see the pink and blue diagram above for examples of the various ways it can be used.
NOTE: Battery pump has been discontinued.
You may find that the Kooshion deflates slightly mid-flight. If this occurs, simply add some extra air to keep it firm. Make sure that the valves are firmly secured. Slight deflation is normal and does not necessarily indicate a leak.
Don't forget to check your Kooshion as soon as your receive it by leaving it inflated over a 24 hour period to ensure there are no leaks prior to travel (very rare, but possible).
What is the difference between the Kooshion and the Premium Kooshion?
The main difference between them is the inclusion of two safety air release vales on the Premium Kooshy Kids Kooshion, making it the world's safest plane inflatable sleep device.
Air release valves ensure that excess air is automatically released with changes in air pressure, including in an emergency.
The Premium Kooshy Kids Kooshion is the only inflatable plane cushion to include TWO air release vales, making it the safest in the world as well as enabling it to continue being used at various heights to cater for all ages and heights and ensuring the cushion doesn't sit flush against the wall, allowing air vents to function as intended.
The maximum width of the products are the same, however the cushioned part at the top is slightly less so that it is not too wide for the seat space.
WHY IS THE KOOSHY KIDS KOOSHION SUPERIOR THAN CHEAP IMITATIONS AND SIMILAR PRODUCTS?
- Lifetime warranty - no other cushion brand in the world offers more than 12 months...we offer it for LIFE!
- Approved airline money back guarantee - if you can't use it on an approved airline, we'll give you your money back! No one else offers this guarantee.
- Hundreds of customer reviews and testimonials with photos (see our website and Instagram Page Highlights)
- Approval from 60+ airlines (click here for airline information)
- Fitted with rapid deflation valves, allowing the Kooshion to fully deflate in 3 seconds
- Mushroom shape prevents blockage of air vents
- Top grade reinforced PVC structure (the same as inflatable play centres) to minimalise the risk of punctures and leaks
- Purpose built sizing - it is the tallest of all brands and is the only brand to sit flush with the plane seat for optimal comfort and will fill the legroom space with no gaps. Its weight ensures it remains stable and yet is not bulky in carry on baggage.
- Soft flocking on the top for extra comfort...no rough edges making it extra "kooshy"
- Easy to clean, hygienic PVC (use an antibacterial wipe after each use)
- Four options for inflation including automatic air pumps where no physical pumping or mouth is required for inflation
- Double chamber allows for comfortable and stable use at three different heights (brands such as Fly Tot and Plane Pal no longer have two chambers and can only be used with stability at full height)
- Holds up to 110kgs.
- Superior quality seams and fabric that ensure the Kooshion does not burst (even with sudden changes in cabin pressure and with excess weight applied)
- Every Kooshion comes with a FREE quality waterproof drawstring backpack that has an internal and external zip, great for storing other travel items as well as the Kooshion.
- Kooshy Kids is 100% Australian owned...when you buy from us you are supporting local business.
- Excellent value for money, starting from $79.95 with free shipping within Australia when you spend $150 or more.