Kooshion FAQs & Info
THE KOOSHY KIDS KOOSHION
- INFLATABLE PLANE CUSHION-
The Kooshy Kids Kooshion can be used to create a flat, flexible space for you and your children to enjoy as a bed or flat space to stretch out and relax on the aeroplane, car, bus or train. It is placed on the floor between your child's seat and the seat in-front (or in the bassinet/bulkhead row turned vertically) and then inflated to the desired height.
It can also be used by older children and adults as a footrest and can be inflated to your desired height.
Tried and tested, this product is simple to use and is now in stock with next day shipping available.
The Kooshy Kids Kooshion comes with a free waterproof drawstring backpack.
Fully inflated, the Kooshy Kids Kooshion measures: 60cm x 38cm x 44cm and weighs 770 grams.
Note: For airline measurements, only width and height are considered (total is 94cm).
- The waterproof drawstring backpack that comes with the Kooshion measures 30cm x 40cm.
- The hand pump measures 30cm x 10cm x 10cm and weighs 230 grams.
- The compact battery operated air pump weighs 140 grams (NOTE: Batteries must be purchased separately).
- The compact SMART Pump Pro weighs 145 grams.
WHO CAN USE THE KOOSHY KIDS KOOSHION?
For laying flat, it depends on the height of your child, however most children can lay flat using the product up to 6 years old.
Adults and taller children can use the product as a foot/leg rest and may also find sleeping easier with their legs supported. The Kooshion can be inflated so that only the bottom chamber is inflated (making the height 26cm instead of 44cm) ,or as a small footrest with only the top chamber inflated (making the height 18cm). Having your legs elevated during flights improves circulation and can also prevent DVT.
It is also useful for parents with children under 2 who do not have their own seat, as it creates a larger flat space. The Kooshion can be placed on the floor half way between the 2 seats with the arm rest lifted.
The maximum weight capacity per cushion is 110 kg. (Note, this is full weight on the cushion, not resting).
Children using the Kooshion should be supervised at all times.
HOW DO I USE IT?
Once in the air and the seatbelt sign is off, place the Kooshion on the floor and inflate to your desired height. Your child can now begin using it as a leg rest or a bed.
We recommend that seat belts are fastened at all times and that your child's feet are placed on the kooshion (rather than their head). You can ask for an extender/infant belt to assist with this and to avoid the seatbelt becoming a choking hazard.
IS THE KOOSHION FAA/IATA/CASA APPROVED?
In-flight comfort devices are not subject to a specific approval from the aviation authorities. They can be used according to individual airline policy and at the discretion of the crew.
The Kooshy Kids Kooshion meets IATA and CASA statements/guidelines on safe use.
IS THE KOOSHION APPROVED BY MY AIRLINE?
Please click here for a full list of accepting airline (we now have approvals from over 50 airlines)!
WILL IT FIT ALL AIRCRAFT TYPES?
Yes! Provided the Kooshion is inflated when it is in position on the floor it will fill the space of all standard economy seats. It has been designed to fit and sit flush with all economy airlines and most standard, bus and train seats. Inflating whilst in position will assist it to fit in tighter spaces which is why we recommend using a pump.
You can adjust the level of inflation on the bottom layer to ensure the Kooshion is the same height as the seat.
DOES IT FIT IN THE BULKHEAD SEATS (ROWS WITH BASSINETS)?
YES! You simply turn it so that it goes longways and it fits the space well.
TIP: If you can secure bulkhead seats, Kooshions are really great for bigger children and adults!
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE SEAT IN FRONT RECLINES?
It will not affect the Kooshion. Seats recline from the top and because of the height of the Kooshion, it will not be effected. Your child's head will not be squashed either.
DO I NEED A PUMP?
It is possible to inflate by mouth, however we highly recommend using a hand pump or one of our battery operated pumps.
Firstly, inflation is much quicker.
Secondly, the Kooshion is best inflated whilst in position on the floor (good luck doing this by mouth!) It ensures that it is a tight fit.
Thirdly, if you inflate by mouth you may find it difficult to squeeze it into place. If it is in position when inflated, it will fit ALL economy seats (including bulkhead/bassinet seats).
We have recently introduced new pumps, so now you have four to choose from. Here are the specs on all of them;
- Weighs 230 grams, making Kooshion + Pump 1kg
- Requires manual pumping and takes about 1-2 minutes
- Includes an accordion air hose with 3 interconnecting nozzles to fit small, medium and large diameter inflation valves
- Inflates with manual action similar to a bicycle pump
- Inflates on both the down stroke and the up stroke for no wasted effort and faster inflation.
Compact Battery Pump
- Weighs 140 grams (with batteries inserted, making total kit weight 910 grams.
- Super fast inflation - approx 20-30 seconds
- Requires 4 x AA batteries
- Noisier than the hand pump (although the noise of the engine blocks out a lot of the pump noise...and it is only for 20 seconds)
- Can also be used for suction to compress items such as our Space Saver Travel Bags
- Great for multiple use....this pump is very handy to have around the house to inflate toys, pools, mattresses etc.
Compact SMART Pump Pro (NEW and upgraded version)
Our BEST pump yet!
Weighing only 160g, it easily fits in one hand. Pop it in your handbag and use as an every day phone charger.
What's different from the Smart Pump version 1?
The Smart Pump Pro has some exciting new features including:
Super fast...inflates your Kooshy Kids Kooshion in only 15 seconds
Improved battery...one charge will inflate your Kooshion 150 times or light up as a torch for 72 hours
Can be used as a powerbank
Can be used as a torch
Waterproof (grade Ip55)
Two modes (high and low)
Size: 5.15cm x 7.7cm
Lithium Battery: 3600mAh
Maximum Inflation Pressure: 2.1kPa
Uses: Kooshy Kids Kooshion, air mattresses, inflatable pools and inflatable toys.
- 50cm USB/micro charging cord
- 4 x air nozzles
Max Pump Plus
Its USB charged (no need for batteries) 3600mAh battery capacity enables it to work for 50 minutes once fully charged. It weighs only 160g.
Equiped with four air nozzles, it can inflate the Kooshion within 90 seconds.
You may find that the Kooshion deflates slightly mid-flight. If this occurs, simply add some extra air to keep it firm. This is normal and does not necessarily indicate a leak. We recommend checking your Kooshion once receiving it by leaving it inflated over a 24 hour period to ensure there are no leaks prior to travel (very rare, but possible).
WHAT MAKES THE KOOSHY KIDS KOOSHION STAND OUT FROM OTHER BRANDS?
- Made from heavy grade PVC (the same grade as inflatable play centres) so that it is less likely to puncture or burst than other fabrics such as nylon. It can also hold up to 110kgs.
- The Kooshy Kids Kooshion is taller than all other brands so that it is able to sit flush with the plane seat (with all other brands there is a dip where the seat and cushion should meet).
- Excellent quality seams and fabric that ensure the Kooshion does not burst (even with sudden changes in cabin pressure and with excess weight applied)
- Soft flocking material on the top of the Kooshion for additional comfort, making it extra "Kooshy".
- Every Kooshion comes with a FREE waterproof drawstring backpack
- Four inflation options to choose from (mouth, hand pump battery pump and smart pump).
- We are the only business that offer smart and battery operated pumps, making inflation super easy and convenient.
- Kooshy Kids is 100% Australian owned...when you buy from us you are supporting local business.
- Excellent value for money, starting from $69.95 with free shipping within Australia when you spend $100 or more.